Monday, December 8, 2014

Body Pump and Meatball Stromboli

I can't feel my legs. I can't feel my legs. And an eight-year-old girl is staring at me in the "body pump" class at the Y and wondering why I have microscopic saucer weights while she's holding pizza pies.

The adults were trained to focus on themselves in the mirror but the child could not stop staring at me. I even gave her a 15 minute break when I went to get a drink of water and rest, but her eyes were right back on to me when I entered again to clean up my equipment and leave class early.

As I left I thanked the gentleman who helped set up my backbreaking barbells and aerobic stepper (used for PUSH-UPS)  in the beginning of the class when I arrived five minutes late. He came to my rescue after I accidentally used another woman's equipment thinking that there were extra spots and everything was pre-set up. (That woman had gone on a water break herself.)

He heard me take leave and said, "Come back, it gets better!"

Sounds good... maybe after I take a nap drink a couple cups of coffee and eat a steak.

In any case my day rounded out nicely at the pizza shop where the owner now knows my name.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment