Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Beyond My Wildest Beliefs

It happened. Jesus rose from the dead, and my students saw me at Aqua Zumba.

Jesus, help my unbelief!

Six of nine kids from one family flocked to the warm pool’s shallow side and bug-eyed the lap pool to watch Zumba. I waved.

I told their mom at lunch duty that I hoped her kids weren’t scandalized as their gawks shifted between me and my sexy instructor. She laughed.

Later she sent me an email and mentioned she might join me.

Anonymous happy place: Found out.

I thought about how a hypothetical Aqua Zumba parent teacher conference might go:

“How’s my son fairing in Math? (underwater body roll). “Oh, you know…he’s failing, but I can see that he really puts in the effort…(“EEEEE! The instructor lets out a battle cry and demonstrates a booty shake).

“Do you think we should do more work at home?”

“Yes, I think that might help.”

“She can really get down can’t she?”

“Umm yes; she really is a professional.”

#professionalboundariesdown. Suit up.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment