Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A song for the road

The woman in front of me at church today ripped out the "Sing of Mary" song from the hymnal. 

I don't think it was premeditated. It think it might have even been spontaneous worship.

She ripped it slowly and methodically, then carefully folded it into her windbreaker pocket. She didn't glance once over her shoulder to see who might observe her-- the act was clearly justified by God.

I laughed as she ripped. And found it difficult to stop.

I wondered what went through her mind. 

"Mary's my mama, and May is her month. Now I get to sing this sweet song to her all the days we have left!"

"Bet they don't have this one on Google..."

"Oh, I just love this song... 2015 is almost over anyhow... They'll get new hymnals soon."

"#711 is my lucky number! Better take the whole page..."

"I definitely made my Ascension obligation. Here's my proof."

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment