Friday, July 31, 2015

Tavern in a lake town

Mom and I went to a lake town. The GPS led us to a nonexistent grocery store, so we stopped at the local tavern to eat instead. A silhouette of a cowboy and another of a topless woman decorated the outside. We wandered in anyway. 

Inside the entire bar turned around to look at us. Luckily it wasn't a strip club. 

We ordered what we knew would be disgusting food, straight from the freezer.  I actually watched the guy take it out of the freezer and put it in the fryer. We ate it anyway.

Our glasses had ice on the outside because they were "chilled." The waitress came by with a rag to wipe off our entire table, including ice chips from the outside of the glasses, while we ate our meal.

The people at the bar were all locals and laughed with each other. It was enjoyable to watch. 

At the end of our meal, which neither one of us finished, my mom went to the bar to get the check. She noticed the waitress only charged us for the meal. My mom had ordered iced tea and I got a ginger ale. 

The woman looked at the check and said, "Oh no, you're the designated drivers!" She still didn't charge us for the drinks. 

I tipped my hat to the shadowy cowboy and bid that town a good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment