Wednesday, February 5, 2014

On the Floor

Sometimes I feel like I’m on the floor of life. Today was one of those days –until a miracle happened. The miracle actually brought me to the floor because I was completely overwhelmed by how God works in my life.

I wrote an article. A long article. An overwhelming article. On an influential man many call a saint.

"The project is too big for me. I can’t do it," I told myself. The reality is, I can’t do it alone. And I am not alone.

My old boss, a newspaper publisher, called me today. I missed the call, and didn’t recognize the number. I didn’t call him back.

The day progressed and I thought about my previous boss when I thought of someone to edit my long, scary article.

First I felt uncomfortable contacting him. We haven’t worked together for five years. I told my roommate and I asked her how far God wanted me to go.

“God wants you to go further,” she said.

Stretching always hurts. Nevertheless, I texted a friend who had his number.

I connected with my former supervisor. And it was a miracle.

See, my old boss drove a friend home today after the funeral of the man about whom I wrote. On the way, this friend told my boss about my article because I had interviewed the friend. My previous employer called me right away because he wanted to edit the story – but I missed his call.

So when I called him later, it was God-designed!

I don’t know where that article’s going. And it doesn’t matter to me. The man about whom I wrote deserves to have his story told, no doubt, but the lesson for me today is God’s providence and my need for humility.

God knew I needed help. And he provided it even before I asked. Then when I asked, it was already waiting for me. Thank you, God. I am overwhelmed by You.

Even when I’m on the floor, you meet me there and bring me closer to Yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment