Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Gratitude

I am grateful for the kids I teach. I am grateful for my job. I'm grateful for my life. I am grateful for friends. I'm grateful for humor. I am grateful for my family. I am grateful for people who love me. I am grateful for my Faith. I'm grateful for the chance to grow in love with God. 

I'm grateful for creativity and choices and  the need for total dependence on God and to see very little things in my life as great gifts.

My friend's daughter calls Parmesan cheese "snow."

We ran out of holy water in my classroom. One of my students suggested we bless each other without holy water and make a sign of the cross on each other's foreheads. Another of my students had a different idea. She had just come back from the bathroom, and thankfully had washed her hands well. 

"We could just use my wet sleeves," she suggested.

I am grateful that six of the chicks hatched (even after the trauma of a child having dropped one of the eggs and it smelling up my classroom--ironically we were also reading Charlotte's Web, and Templeton the rat had just received the dud egg from the goose...) I am grateful that chicks cheep inside their shells right before they hatch. What an awesome sound!

I am grateful that my kids wrote funny songs about Pennsylvania, since we're  learning about the states and that state doesn't have a state song.

Three fine specimens:

1. 
P, P, P Pennsylvania P, P, P Pennsylvania 
Go PA!
The capital is Harrisburg. It is the second state.
Boom!

2.
Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania I love you.
We like to go to the Franklin Institute.
We can watch the Flyers, Steelers, and Pittsburgh Penguins!

3.
Boo Pirates! 
Go Phillies! 
Pennsylvania rocks the country!
We are awesome!
We eat beef!
We love Pennsylvania!
We trust you!
We eat corn.
We fish for bass.

And I'm grateful that they made the coolest Easter vigil fire I've ever seen.


In process ...

Finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment