Sunday, April 20, 2014

New Life

Last year was a very long, snowy, cold Canadian winter. I survived it with a scientific and logical mantra which I repeated from February until May: "Nothing can stop Spring from coming."

I thought of that mantra this year when Easter came. I am still a sinner. I did not live a perfect Lent. My heart is still filled with wounds that need to be healed. Yet Jesus died for me in the middle of it all. Today: "Nothing can stop Jesus from rising from the dead."

He did it. Jesus rose from the grave. Easter happened. It continues to unfold. Daily. In my life. Personally. He rose to give me hope, joy, peace and freedom. 

Jesus, your resurrection is not just Faith; it's a fact. There were witnesses. You have walked with me throughout my life. That is a fact too. And there are witnesses. Help me to remember that you're with me every day. When I forget, inspire my friends to remind me of my journey.

You are here. New life is reality. Nothing can stop Spring from coming. You made me for eternal happiness.

Thank you for Easter. Thank you for dying for me. Thank you for good friends.

Jesus I trust in you. Help me to live this mantra through winters and springs alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment