Thursday, January 29, 2015

Noise Violation

Got an email from the property manager: Red Hot Chili Peppers blared at 11:30 pm was "Obviously a noise violation."

Like, I know...my walls shook. 

But I wonder if the composer would've been been named or the tone of the email different if my neighbor had blasted opera instead.

Translated from Italian and recited in a British scotch-drinking voice, the telegram might have read, "As the clock ticked toward midnight, a bombastic tenant had the audacity to assert his musical preference to the entire commune. The insufferable rendition of Jacopo Peri's inaugural score was most uncouth and is certainly intolerable."

"Any sympathetic to such pompous pollution should simply pack their pedantic wine and handcrafted ravioli and relocate to another locale."

I have no idea who Jacopo Peri is and can't name one of his operas.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment