Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Baby Girl...Ba-by Girrrrllll

Oh it was a bangin’ song! So the man behind me called out: “One more time!” Which inspired the seasoned woman beside him to shout the next most obvious ejaculation, “Two more times!”

Only at Aqua Zumba.

The speakers were shoddy for one song, but we needn’t have worried. Pipes in the rear belted the whole tune with two words: “Baby girl!” Ba-by girl…ba ba ba baby girl!” Any part he didn’t know—which was every other lyric, was hum-substituted with “Baby girl!”  

My pot-bellied, tattoo plastered, union leader-type friend, with the local football team inked between his scapulas, tried his best to arabesque at the end stretch.

“I can’t do that,” he shared with me.

Hmm...

“We can only do what we can do,” I encouraged. (I affirm myself the same way).

We chatted some more after class.

“I missed class last week because I was in Arizona.”

“Oh, why were you there?”  Business trip?

“I was at the Super Bowl.”

What the what?

“I’m gonna go see how much more I can sweat off.” And he sauntered to the sauna.

I just can’t get enough of my Aqua Zumba friends.

Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment