Friday, January 24, 2014

Humility

We're at the prayer table in my classroom and I ask my students if they know what humility is.

One of my students starts fanning her herself profusely.  (she also enjoys drama).

"Like when you're really hot?"

"That's humidity."

A little boy makes guns with his hands, confident that the word has another definition.

"Violence."

"Hmmm....

"Let's think about Mary when she said 'yes' to God's will to have baby Jesus."

"Oh yea!"

(They really get it now...we reviewed this word before Christmas and before the snow days).

"Now close your eyes and go to the little house in your heart with Jesus and think about being humble."

That same boy whispers his prayer, sincerely: "I already am really humble."

Thank you, God, for children in my life. Help me to be like them, unafraid, honest, and humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment