Saturday, March 15, 2014

Mouse Rap

My kids just finished memorizing The Land of Counterpane by Robert Louis Stevenson. And given my current ailments, I've  been inspired to write my own sickbed rap.

A mouse is chompin' on the wood at mom's mansion
and I'm lyin' on the couch wishin' I were dancin'
sick with nausea as she makes cookies,
 oh lookie I hope I don't toss em!

Mama comes to visit and hears that creature chewin'
and oh boy the sick feelin's growin '
If I could be that mouse, I'd be so cheerful
 but mama wants to give that little thing an earful 
(She's fearful it'll eat all her food)

Mom's on a hunt to find that 
noisy ro-dent
I'd  try'n save 'im but my 
energy is so-spent. 
Little critter, I'm glad we share this moment .
Your persistent presence lightens my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment