Saturday, May 10, 2014

Our Father

You know how so-and -so reminds you of so -and-so? Like kids and parents, friends and people that other acquaintances haven't met.

A baby's born and everybody wants to know who he resembles. A new person joins a community and those who met him tell others who he's like...

Humans seem to crave familiarity. Something I can relate to, shared interest or knowledge, a place of comfort.

You know Who Jesus reminds me of? His Father. 

Not only does He look like Him --"made in God's image;" He points me to Him-- "no one comes to the Father except through me;" and He is Him in some mysterious divine way-- "the Father and I are one."

Jesus, if I look at Your cross I will come to know the Father's love for me. 

Thank you for existing so I can seek familiarity with Your lovable face, and You can create a place in my heart for Our Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment