Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Planks

Our school play Peter Pan was a sweet success today. It was beautiful to watch the family-like community of children fill the roles --we use what we got and God always provides, which is heartwarming to see. 

The only downfall was that my "hunting children" and " dancers" missed snack recess and only got about 20 minutes of outdoor time during lunch. We were all a bit antsy by the end of the day. So I led a gym class in my classroom.

It included calsthetics, situps, push-ups, and even the plank position. The situps and push-ups were amusing to watch, but nothing beat the plank. 

The class assumed their positions, which looked more like downward dog than plank, and one little girl laid flat on the floor with arms stretched up and legs out.

"I'm doing it," she shouted. "I'm totally doing it!"

Ah, the laughter bubbled up ... I bet you are...

I bet God delights in our enthusiasm, when we're trying our best even if we're totally failing. I wonder if He finds our attempts amusing. Thank you, God, for the planks of today--the pirates in Peter Pan, the gym in my classroom, and the wooden beams still in my eyes. Please help me get rid of those ones. Through Mary. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment