Sunday, March 1, 2015

"All over my bleedin' body!"

A fond memory from last Spring rumbled through my mind today:

My friend told one of her 4-year-old student’s to greet me, knowing the child’s gift to amuse.

With no concept of an indoor voice and no salutation, my coworker’s Pre-K charge shared the first thought on her mind.

“My dad made a deal with me. If I don’t stop scratchin, he’s going to put tape all over my bleedin body!” she shouted to me and a hallway full of children.

The cherub had allergy-related sores on her arms which often bled when she scratched them.

“If I keep scratchin,” she screeched, “I won’t be allowed to go to school because blood will come off of me all over the floor!”

My goodness! That would be quite a predicament.

Thankfully, the little girl’s sores are cured this year and she thrives as a full-blooded Kindergartener.

No comments:

Post a Comment