Thursday, March 5, 2015

Hope Springs Eternal

Here's my snow day gratitude list.

I'm grateful for humor.

My Candian friend said she's glad she's not in America today! ... As if the whole country got the three inches that let me off school.

#"I'mcanadian"
#"oursnowemergenciesaredifferent."

I'm grateful for hopeful stories of victorious perseverance.

Another friend told me about a woman who broke her leg and couldn't bath herself for 200 days. Her husband gave her sponge baths. A year later she did a fundraiser walk she never thought she'd be able to do

I'm grateful for a couple who couldn't conceive for years and is pregnant. 

I'm grateful for another couple who went through the adoption process for years and finally adopted a little boy this year.

In my own experience, I'm grateful for a snow day when I'm sick. God always provides! 

I'm grateful for a free rental car when my car's in the shop! 

I'm grateful for a letter from my friend about his time with the poor in Harlem-- and how one woman with a drug addiction found solace in her foot pain by wondering about Christ's pain in the cross. 

Thank you, Jesus.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment