Friday, August 22, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude

Gratitude makes the world go around. And I certainly need to practice it now on the eve of yet another classroom clean out. Thank you God that I have a job. Thank you that it involves little children who fill me with joy.

Thank you also for:
-The anonymous elf that takes up the trash and recycling cans before I get home. 
-My dad's phone call. 
-A delightful six-year-old who said, "You better get repaired for that sugar girl!" (she meant to say "prepared"). "Especially after the extra blueberry tea cake," I recalled aloud. "And tea!" She reminded me (to which she added a couple tiny spoonfuls to the already microscopic cup). 
-A two-year-old who called me by half of my last name, which she screamed repeatedly until she found me during hide and seek. 
-Good men friends.
- Seven extra tubes of toothpaste from the dentist. I received them after I shared about first grade --as if teaching six and seven-year-olds would make me want to brush my teeth more? The dentist also said he could come to my classroom and give a lesson. 
-No cavities.
- The hamster I watch and his homemade Lego house.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment