Thursday, August 21, 2014

Mom Mobil

Damn it feels good to be a mama! Similar to "Damn it feels good to be a gangster?" 

(An explicit song not worth Googling...Nevertheless pop culture is redeemable :-) 

So I'm actually not a biological mama. But I am a spiritual mama and yesterday I got to ride a mom mobile--which would be similar to a Pope Mobile if the pope let the kids ride with him after he blessed them.

A mom mobile, like the Pope Mobile, is free of bullet proof protection... which makes it difficult if the mama is a gangster... That's the end of the similarities. 

I rode my friend's bike with a basket on the front and a kid seat on the back. This mama I know straps a kid on her stomach with one of those child carriers--perhaps of the gigantic cloth strip variety -- and a kid behind her in the bike seat as she rides next to her three other children on their wheeled "vehicles." This mom is about to go in for her sixth C-section on Monday. God bless her!

While riding the mom mobil, I was  grateful to see a "pear tree" and "raisins" (berries) with one of the little girls. We picked up a "pear" souvenir and smashed it with a screwdriver and hammer when we got back. There was some kind of weird gunk that came out on our hands. So now it looks like we either dyed Easter eggs an army green or botched a henna tattoo on our forefingers and thumbs.

The gunk mixed with the bicycle grease on my hands after an attempt to repair the new two wheeler rider's bike chain a couple times.

As I was about to put the bike away, I noticed the new two wheeler rider had tears in her eyes. She had just begun to learn to ride without training wheels but her chain was broken. I had taken each of the other children on an individual ride around the cul-de-sac near their house. But she had not sought a ride with me. It did not occur to me that she wanted one until her mom said maybe I could take her next time I came over.

Immediately I told the four-year-old I didn't know she wanted to go on a ride, and of course I would take her right away. Then began the balancing act of the kid seat on the back of the mom mobile. 

"I'm falling," she shouted as we wobbled down the driveway.

"Me too!" I replied. 

The mom just waved--a little too pregnant to be overly concerned.

Thankfully, we didn't topple over. I learned the way of the kid seat and we went around the circle three times and one extra for fun. Then we saw the "pears." We had to get one because her sister had one from the last ride. Well that was a trick! 

I swung one leg over the high bar that held the kid seat in place. Then I realized the kickstand would not withstand the weight of the leaning child-filled seat. So with one hand I held the bike up and with the other hand I stretched to pick up the "pear." Once I had it in my hand, I delivered it to the child and climbed back over the bar, which reminded me a bit of climbing a fence, and road back to their house.

This little girl reminded me of the importance of asking. God wants to give me the desires of my heart too; I just need to ask Him to grant the desires that He put there, and to show me in what ways He already fulfills these desires every day.

Unlike me with that little girl, He knows how much I want to go for a ride with Him. He sees my tears and understands the depth of them before I even voice my request.

On that note, Lord thank you for my house mobile ("mobil home"). I'd really like a stable place to stay soon if that's Your will. Thank you for your love.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment