Saturday, September 27, 2014

Boot jokes

 A middle-aged man with a gray-streaked beard, longish scraggly hair which covered half of his balding head, tinted glasses, and tattoos smattered on his right arm leaned over my pew at church this morning as he went up I receive communion.

"Your shoes don't match," he said, and chuckled to himself as he ambled past me.
 
You don't say!
 
I love it when people laugh at their own jokes, especially when they're funny.
...
I'm at the beach with my family for the annual bike race. 

"Let's bury your boot," suggested my sister... You know like you'd bury a kid in a sandy hole.

...
On Friday I bribed my students with games... "If you're really good, we'll play a listening game..."

"And if we're really, really good, can we pump it up?" asked a little girl as she gazed longingly at the red air button on my boot...

Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment