Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Children

"What was that?" A small flabbergasted boy takes an open book and runs, pages flapping in the air like a swatter, after a fly in my classroom. 

Nothing like a good run around the room after an attempt to read English words. ( hard language). I mean anything might have appeared undeniably alien and extremely intersting at that point.

I wonder what else it might have been? Well maybe an ant flying in a private jet... Or a government probe to see if I teach my kids the common core (which I don't). 

Another child had a runny nose. 

"Go get a tissue please." "But I'm rubbing it." Well in that case, my darling, go to the doctor and see if he'll put some z-pacs on layaway for me so I can survive the winter.

Later she decided the status of my boot at rest was more interesting than her Math paper.

"What does your boot feel like when you go to sleep?" ""I don't wear my boot when I go to sleep." "Well what does it feel like when you just want to lay down." "You know what it feels like?" "What?" "An extra leg."

Dear God, please carry me, or maybe provide a Segway or small private jet. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment