Thursday, September 4, 2014

Flashing lights are everywhere...

These days my guardian angel is that uniformed man who says, "license and registration."

I was pulled over twice for speeding this past month and given warnings each time. These were the first traffic warnings I've ever received in my life--despite many violations. Thank you Jesus!

The craziest tickets I received were when I accidentally parked in a new handicap spot that was inproperly marked. I was issued two $300 tickets in a half hour before traffic cops were supposed to patrol. 

I spent four hours in court for those tickets and talked to a lapsed Catholic who waited next to me. Miraculously an ad came on the TV at that time that said "Come home...to the Catholic Church." I believe in miracles... I also got one ticket taken away. Thank you, Jesus.

My most recent warning happened the first day of school. My guardian angel told me that in addition to the speeding violation, my registration expired and my insurance was due in three days. Got that taken care of. Thanks, guardian angel!  

Where's God in all this? He loves me when I'm tired and even when I don't follow the rules or forget to register my car.

And sometimes love is more important than laying down the law. 

No comments:

Post a Comment