Thursday, September 11, 2014

Rent

If I made a few G's more a year I could afford to live in my own apartment right now. But I would never want to live in my own apartment. Also, then I wouldn't have met incredible people who let me stay with them. 

Like the woman who wanted to sing me her songs, or her child who walked into my room with buckets on her feet attached to the ropes in her hands. I also wouldn't have met the woman who's winter coat I donned when the air conditioning was so high that I was compelled to go into her closet and pull out her winter coat to keep myself warm. (I had to tell her about it in the morning because one of the buttons fell off while I tried to sleep that night).

God bless the generous people who have opened their homes to me. And please grant me a stable place of peace and quiet and sleep. Through Mary. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment